মঙ্গলবার, ৮ মে, ২০১২

Israel court rejects hunger strikers' appeal


Israel court rejects hunger strikers' appeal

Palestinian protesters hold portraits of jailed relatives in Gaza City during a demonstration in support of more than a thousand prisoners who are on an open-ended hunger strike in Israeli jails yesterday.Photo: AFP
Israel's Supreme Court yesterday rejected an appeal by two Palestinian prisoners who have been on hunger strike for 69 days in protest at being held without charge, their lawyer told AFP.
"The Supreme Court refused both appeals," Jamil Khatib said of the move by Bilal Diab, 27, and Thaer Halahla, 34, who had appealed to Israel's highest court on Thursday to end the administrative detention orders under which they are being held.
The Israeli courts administration confirmed their appeal had been rejected.
"They will continue their strike till the end," Khatib said.
"Israeli courts do not handle administrative detention in a positive way. It shows that the intelligence services have the final word."

SHARE ON

কোন মন্তব্য নেই: